So I have made this blog to journal my time in Guatemala with Madeline. I'm Guatemala bound in 12 days, and it seems that the days are flying by!
I also wanted to put an update in here about my mom. She had a lung transplant last week and is doing wonderfully! She is due to leave the hospital anyday. She is up walking the halls of the hospital, walking steps, and pedalling on a bike. For the next three months she will be going to the hospital 3x a week for tests, rehab, etc! I am so proud of her. Before, my mother couldn't walk a few feet from the living room to the powder room without gasping for air. Now she can! :) Way to go, Mom!
Now onto the trip details.. I'm leaving July 24.. and will arrive to Guatemala at 11:24 AM. I am undecided on whether or not I will have them bring Madeline to me that night or the next morning. Any suggestions?
I'm doing a whole lot of packing. I've ordered 6 cans of lactofree enfamil, a pink baby pool, a new duffle bag, new clothes.. Madeline is set with more clothes then one baby girl should ever have! I need to pick up some board books, and bath toys. Then I'm pretty sure she is done... :)
I can't believe I will hold my daughter in just a few days. This hasn't sunk in quite yet, if you can't tell. I haven't seen this sweet child since November! I have had a few friends mention how calm I have been about my case.. and I'm sure it IS because I will see Madeline in a few days, not only see her, but I'll be down there with her until the end. I don't have any concerns about PGN this time around. If I get another KO, I'll be surprised, but.. it is out of my control. So, whatever happens, happens... but I'll be focusing on Madeline. :)
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Ashley,
We'll be in Guatemala at the same time. Hope to see you kickin' around the hotel.
Let's talk about when Madeline should arrive: For our second visit trip, we had our son join us on the travel day. We were exhausted! Those early flights into Guatemala are wonderful, except that you have to be at the airport at the crack of dawn. For our p/u trip, we're having our son come to us the morning after our arrival. We'll be well rested and can handle any transition issues he may have.
Good luck!
I am SOOOOO excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love ya,
Amanda
Glad to see miss Madeline's blog back up and running!!! Your blog header is adorable!! Take care and I am counting down the days just like you!
Jolene
Post a Comment