Saturday, August 18, 2007

On the eve of her birthday..

Today my husband and I went to Hershey's chocolate world for a few hours. It was nice to get out of the house and get our minds off of TOMORROW. I now have a hershey's chocolate candle, and my husband has twenty four (yes 24) white chocolate peanut butter cups. After being shoved in line by these two brats (while the dad stood there watching!!!!!) we were off to Red Robin for dinner. I've never eaten there before, and I don't think it was worthwhile either. That could also be because I got chicken lodged into my throat. Thankfully it eventually went down or the kind stranger next to me was going to start the heimlich. How embarrassing.


Tomorrow we're going to the shore for the day. I need constant amusement or I will fall to pieces. We are having a party on the 26th (exactly 1 year since we first saw her pictures) in honor of her birthday. I am having a lot of fun planning that! :)


I know some of you were offended by my last post. That's okay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are allowed to have the feelings you have. My daughter in Guatemala is 6 mos old. Until I have waited on her for 1 year I can't judge you. I hope you get Madeline very soon!
Anon-

The Frugal Countess said...

Ashley, I totally understand why you said what you did. I don't regret my daughter *at all* but I hate the process. And I understand that you do not regret Madeline either - you have just been put through one solid year of hell.

You have sat out of PGN longer than most people's entire process lasts. And because of the brutal emotional battering your agency has put you through, I understand also that it's very hard to separate the adoption from the adoption process at times.

But you will feel differently when she is home in your arms. You will. And you would do it again for her. Again and again. (((((((HUGS)))))))

jajbs said...

Girl, I understand how you feel!! It is easy to "judge" when you have your baby home sitting in your lap. Until others can say they missed that first birthday, they will NEVER "know how you feel". But then again, I am one of the "bitter" moms waiting for my child to come home.

Hang in there. We WILL celebrate their homecoming and when Madeline and Isabella touch their precious feet on American soil, it will TRULY be a MIGHTY miracle!

I will call you tomorrw-- I just got home.

Love ya,
Amanda